We understand how confused parents are today with so much happening in the world of social media and how difficult it is to assist your child develop solid online reputation skills when you lack the knowledge yourself. We as parents are finding it a struggle to keep up and often feel an information overload. When this happens, our negative tentacles react and usually we react in a negative way to what is actually best for our children.
We also understand that as an adult it’s sometimes difficult to come to terms with the fact that our kids are quite simply much more tech and digitally savvy than we can ever hope to be; but we can do something about it and Social Ediquette makes it easy for you.
Would you like to:
- join the digital revolution but don’t know how or more importantly are too afraid?
- keep your child wrapped in cotton wool so much so that it has a negative impact on their wellbeing? (I hope the answer is no to this one!)
- see some good Facebook stories in the news; just for a change?
- gain the edge with your kids on an informed level and have a win-win for everyone?
- know some clever little ways to allow your digital native to learn social media in a controlled environment?
- know what to do and who to call if your child gets into strife whilst online?
Now, we know that you know that there are inherent risks with your child having an online presence from a young age, but there are steps you can take to minimise the risk. We firmly believe that you cannot have a solid online experience without first having the solid foundation offline. This is a serious issue folks and if you ever thought you could bypass the social media train, then you need to start thinking differently. Will you be the one to go with the flow and roll the dice; or take action?
We know you don’t have the time to attend the courses, read loads of books and hang out and play but we can seriously help you with easy to understand using tips, tricks, tools and strategies that will assist you to help your child with their online endeavours.
Social Ediquette provides the following services for parents:
- Parent seminars (for your School Council, P&F Committee, other School group; Mothers groups, Playgroups etc)
- Workshops including Privacy/Safety; Facebook and other social media platforms familiarisation;
- One on one consultations
- Family consultations
After one of our presentations, you will;
- feel more comfortable in your child’s space and less confused about social media and why it is so important to your child
- learn the positive benefits (oops, and the negative) of social media for your child’s development
- have the tools to assist you in helping your child online
- have a clear understanding of how to handle negative situations using strategies learned
- know what to do and what resources are available should your child be the victim of cyberbullying or even worse if your child is the bully
We can offer small group session where participants bring their laptops so that they can have an interactive hands on experience and learn about Facebook and other social media platforms for personal use, or we can tailor a presentation to suit an individual need.
Please contact us now to start the ball rolling.